[vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 29 10:47:58 PDT 2004

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:48:41AM -0700, Ted Deppner wrote:
>
>>No, but have you tried using -ofps on the mencoder command line yet?
>>

> I tried -fps (trying to say 'this is the fps of the original'),
> -ofps, and combining the two. :)

Didn't follow too closely, but it seems like you want to change the
frame rate of an mpeg movie.  I looked into it awhile back and found I
have more control if I converted to an avi file instead.  Here is the
command I use (using transcode instead of mencoder):

transcode -i [mpgfile] -y xvid -f 10 -o [avifile]

This gives my exactly 10 fps (slow, but I that's what I wanted).  Awhile
back I tried doing the same with mencoder but was getting segmentation
faults.  I should try again since there has been a few version upgrades.

HTH,
Jonathan