[vox-tech] rescuing winxp?

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 10:46:19 PDT 2004

I can tell you what NOT to do if you get winXP disk:  don't boot it and
choose "system restore" or whatever the option is called.  It
re-installs WinXP entirely over itself, erasing all those important
updates, installed drivers, etc.  You might as well start from scratch!

I did this by mistake after dual-booting Fedora 2 on a friend's
computer, and it wouldn't boot WinXP.  Turned out I just needed to
change a BIOS option. :(

Jonathan