[vox-tech] Spammers using my server

Ken Herron Kherron+lugod at fmailbox.com
Fri Sep 24 09:20:02 PDT 2004

--On Friday, September 24, 2004 07:50:13 -0700 "Ehrhart, Jay"
<ehrhart at ycoe.org> wrote:

> The non-deliverable reports are coming from my Linux apache user.
> Non-deliverables usually come from root.  I am running apache on the
> server
> with forms.  The forms software is the latest version and patches.

The simplest explanation is that something in the web server is being
used to send this email. An insecure cgi-bin script, for example. I would
start by looking at the web server's access log for suspicious accesses.
It would help if you could identify the exact time some of this mail
appeared on your system, and then looked for web accesses around the same
time.