[vox-tech] CD-RW's Don't Last

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Thu Sep 9 11:45:04 PDT 2004

I've been using Memorex and Yamaha ultra speed 24X CD-RW's to back up my
work files.  They are not lasting.  They seem to die after about 3 or 4
or 5 burns.  In fact they've gone so quickly that I at first thought my
CD reader was not working  I can't risk not having my work backed up
because the CD goes bad.

Yesterday I tried a CD-R and backed things up and my CD reader could
read the back up.

So has anybody had a problem with ultra speed CD-RW's not lasting?

Do the slower CD-RW's last longer?

I had to waste resources, but I'm thinking of switching to CD-R's to
back up my work.  Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Thank you.

Bob