[vox-tech] Apache help needed

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Sep 3 12:26:25 PDT 2004

I'm having an issue with mod_rewrite.

I've got the following bit of rewrite code set up in my httpd.conf file:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/DLC/(.*)$ /cfmx/DLC/$1 [R]

The idea is that URLs of the form:

http://mysite.com/DLC

will be transformed into

http://mysite.com/cfmx/DLC

I don't want to use a redirect here because not all files will be operated
on this way.

The trouble is that this works just fine... in IE.  However, since I don't
use IE, and my department recommends Firefox and Mozilla over IE, more
work needs to be done.  I have read up the mod_rewrite documentation on
the httpd.apache.org website, and also on the engelschall.com website.

I guess that the two browsers send HTTP requests differently.  Any ideas
on how I can handle this?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)