[vox-tech] Export MySQL DB to flat file

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Oct 25 12:20:53 PDT 2004

Greetings!

Well it is a sad day for in the world of opensource software gaining ground
over proprietary products... (and in this case all at the taxpayer's expense)

We had a beautiful system for managing about 500 volunteers written in
PHP/MySQL and running on a linux machine, that was set to be moved to a MacOS
X box for permenant use... Now it would seem that after some re-shuffling of
administrative departments this is no longer the case, and they want the
application re-written in ASP/MS-SQL... needless to say I won't have the
privilege of participating in this act, but it would seem that before I go
they want "flat files" of the MySQL DB. Short of writting some code to build
the files, I was wondering if there is any such tool in the MySQL utils that
will save something like a CSV file that represents the records in the DB...
something like mysqldump, but without all of the SQL code mixed with the
data...

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--