[vox-tech] debian and openoffice

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Mon Oct 18 08:42:47 PDT 2004

På måndag, 18 oktober 2004, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> My local Debian mirror got an updated openoffice.org last night, and printing
> from openoffice now works (after 1 or 2 weeks of not working).
>
> Just thought I'd throw this out in case other people were having printing
> problems in OO.

Groovy! The broken spelling checker of the previous version is also fixed.

Tip: the new Debian version of OO uses A4 paper as its default paper size
and does not check either the locale system or libpaper to see that it
should use US-letter instead in the USA. This setting needs to be changed
for each printer, using the oopadmin program as root. Alternately, you can
manually edit /etc/openoffice/psprint.conf, replacing instances of "A4" with
"Letter" in lines like "PPD_PageSize=A4".

--
Henry House