[vox-tech] gumstix

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 6 22:53:09 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:25:16PM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Bill Broadley wrote:
>
> > Anyone find the mentioned $109 gumstix (mentioned at the talk and on
> > their website).  I found it mentioned at http://gumstix.com/products.html
>
> http://gumstix.com/spexboards.html

If I click on "buy" I get: product not found!

> > Alas, when I click on buy now there is nothing under $139.
>
> You musta been looking at the packaged versions.

Oh?

> > I'm pondering an attic fan controled by a gumstix with 3 ibutton
> > temperature sensors (attic, outside, and inside).  Of course I'd need
> > a relay and a circuit to control the relay from 2 of the GPIO pins.
>
> overkill :)

Got a simpler solution?  I want the 3 temps so I can make the most energy
efficient decisions when I'm in heat mode (so pull warmer air into the
attic whenever it's warmer outside), or cool mode (pull cooler air into
the attic whenever it's cooler outside).  Seems a shame to not take
advantage of the large daily temp differences enjoyed in this area.

--
Bill Broadley
Computational Science and Engineering