[vox-tech] Cut and paste

Ken Herron kherron+lugod at fmailbox.com
Sat Oct 2 10:06:13 PDT 2004

--On Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:14:34 AM -0500 Jay Strauss
<me at heyjay.com> wrote:

> If I want to cut and paste, I have to go to the menu->edit->copy then I
> can paste to FireFox.  It's like there are 2 clipboards or something.
> Can't I do cut and paste without mousing?  The menu->edit->copy doesn't
> have a keyboard shortcut.

Actually, yes, there are two clipboards. See
<http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html>. Many apps will support
Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V as shortcuts for the menu copy, cut, and paste
commands. But of course for konsole those keystrokes go to the terminal
session.

On top of that, if you're using KDE then you're probably running klipper.
Klipper takes over some of the clipboard operation, so depending on how
that's configured, things may work differently for you.

--
Ken Herron