[vox-tech] Recover from Attack on Linux and Windows Systems

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Wed Nov 17 22:20:13 PST 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 09:36 pm, Edward Elliott wrote:
> Read a great article written by folks at the Univ of Wisconsin about their work to recover from an attack on their Linux and Windows servers. Thought this would be of interest to others.
>
> http://www.nwc.com/showitem.jhtml?articleID=51201852&pgno=1

Heh.  Monday I saw a Slashdot article mentioning
http://clipart.freedesktop.org/, but of course it was
totally slashdotted and I could not get to it.  Today I
tried again and it was just a page saying their server had
been compromised and would be down while they rebuild from
scratch.

Slashdotted, then rooted.  Brutal.

-- Rod