[vox-tech] Samba print problem

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 23:54:17 PST 2004

I have samba set up on my linux box so my wife can print from Windows.
Currently, it is not working from her laptop running Windows XP
When I double click the printer icon on the network panel, a window opens
up to show her print jobs on my machine but the title bar contains
"Access denied"
In the log (log.smbd) on my machine I see
smbd/service.c:make_connection(77)
     suelaptop (192.168.0.33) couldn't find service ::{ bunch of hex}
then
           lib/fault.c:fault_report(36)
           lib/fault.c:fault_report(37)
       INTERNAL ERROR : Signal 11 in pid 4148 (3.0.4 Debian)
       Please read the appendix Bugs of the Samba HOWTO collection

I couldn't find such an appendix     Does anyone have any idea?

Richard Harke