[vox-tech] Samba Printer Issues

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Nov 14 09:01:52 PST 2004

I'm having a truly annoying issue with my printer.  It used to be just
fine, but now it's... well, not.

Here's the setup:

Windows XP laptop
Print server running RH 8.0
HP 710C printer connected via parallel port
Samba 2.something running on the RH server

Everything seems to look good; however, when printing a document, any
document, it gets about halfway through, then hangs for several minutes
before continuing.  This started up about six months ago but has never
really presented that much of an issue.

Here's the output from lpq on the RH machine:

root at hagrid: ~
# lpq
Printer: Fluffy at localhost
  Queue: no printable jobs in queue
  Server: no server active
  Rank   Owner/ID                  Class Job Files                 Size Time
done   nobody at localhost+902         A   902 smbprn.000449.nEpM8j 89114
08:15:13

Samba seems to think that the print job is done.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)