Address (was: [vox-tech] Getting CUPS & KDE to play together)

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:40:30 -0800

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

In the past I had this problem - it was an exim problem. (And I'm
running the same exim you are).

Exim in debian is configured for security by default - it wants to
rewrite the sender so that users can't forge their sender address.

My solution is as follows:
add the line "trusted_groups =3D eximusers" to /etc/exim/exim.conf (if it's=
 not already
there), then add yourself to the eximusers group. (I don't think
trusted_groups opens up any features besides trusting you to set your
own sender address)

I'm think I'm also set up as "Internet Site using Smarthost" -- not
"Satellite System" (in eximconfig), but I'm not exactly sure because
I have no way of checking what eximconfig thinks short of overwriting
my exim configuration -- and it's been a couple of years.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 07:23:45PM -0800, Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
> Would this work easier if I did this... or if I subscribed huhlig@ragabas=
h to=20
> the list?

If you were going to do what you suggest, you'd probably need to
subscrube huhlig@ragabash.livepenguin.com as the address - but you
should try my solution first because who knows what happens if lots of
messages to huhlig@ragabash.livepenguin.com bounce.