[vox-tech] PDF editor?

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:32:06 -0800

On 2004.03.17 13:12, Norm Matloff wrote:

> Does anyone know of an open-source editor for PDF files?  All I want to
> do at present is insert Web links into a PDF file.

I'm not sure how you're generating the PDF document, but I noticed the
suggestion that if you're generating it with OpenOffice, you can use the
export to pdf feature to preserve the hyperlinks as hyperlinks. I also see
that for LaTeX, you can use the hyperref package. see
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta/resources/hyperref for more details.

Both of these require you to regenerate the PDF from its original document

I haven't tested either of these suggestions.