[vox-tech] Receiving an interrupt from a parallel port using xlib

Mitch Patenaude vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:22:52 -0800

I'm not aware of any special x library or gnome abstractions.

In general.. interfacing with the parallel part involves reading,
writing, and using ioctl calls on the character special device
associated with it... usually /dev/lp0

Actually hooking into the interrupt would involve writing or modifying
the device driver, but there are certainly ways to check status bits
without doing that.

   -- Mitch