[vox-tech] nubie help please - realplayer8

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:10:54 -0800

Dick,

If you click on a link for a filetype that Mozilla doesn't recognize,
you are generally asked to 'Save it to disk' or 'Open it with'.  If you
choose to open it, you can just click the 'Choose' button and browse to
your realplayer.  My realplayer is /usr/local/bin/realplay, but yours
may be somewhere else.  Running 'which realplay' or perhaps 'locate
real' will tell you where yours is if you don't know.  The next time you
go to open a real audio file, Mozilla should remember your choice.  In
the case that Mozilla remembers incorrectly or remembers a bad choice
(this has happened to me a couple of times), you can edit this file
opening behavior by going to 'Edit/Preferences' from the menu bar, and
selecting 'Helper Applications' underneath the 'Navigator' tree on the left.

Everything I just said is true on Mozilla 1.6, but should be mostly
accurate for any 1.x Mozilla.

Dave