[vox-tech] AC97 Sound Card

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:24:23 -0800

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:32:49AM -0600, Jennifer Thomas wrote:
> i'm not even sure if the problem is the sound card, but when i play music
> from any player or given any file to download or a link to the internet
> that would require any sound, the sound sounds like the chipmunks are
> speaking or singing and it's sped up.  what's going on?  i have an IBM
> NetVista computer, it's pretty old.

Perhaps applications are playing at a frequency that's higher than your
card can handle???

*shrug*   Just a wild guess.  I've never seen... err... heard anything like
that.  I'm also pretty newbie when it comes to sound hardware & software.

Good luck!

-bill!
PS - Might be good to disable HTML messages when posting, BTW!!!