[vox-tech] UPS and auto battery

Seth Nagao vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:38:18 -0800 (PST)

While we're on the subject of car batteries, I just figured I'd mention
that some new car batteries don't have the acid liquid like normal ones.
I know there's a few manufacturers out there, but only Optima comes to
mind right now (IANAOE).  Apparently, they're completely sealed, have a
paste electrolyte that isn't supposed to leak (and onto your carpet) if
the case cracks , and supposedly last longer.  They also aren't cheap.
Just figured I'd share my thoughts and plans for a Ghetto-UPS (once my gel
cells kick the bucket).
--Seth