[vox-tech] exim4: ACL and TCP connection permission denied

Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:23:15 -0800

hi all,

just installed exim4 today.  WAY more powerful than exim3.
unfortunately, WAY more complicated than exim3 too.  anyway, i have two
questions.

first, i wrote an ACL (line wrapped for readability):

   drop message = $sender_host_address is blacklisted at
         $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)

      log_message = $sender_host_address is listed at
         $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)

      dnslists = bl.spamcop.net : relays.ordb.org

does that look OK?  i'd like to test this ACL with exim_checkaccess, but
i can't figure out how to get blocked IP's out of bl.spamcop or
relays.ordb.  anyone know how to get blocked IPs from these sites?

secondly, i'm using exim4 on a system which only has local mail, just so
i don't screw up my real mail system.  i'm concerned that i can't send
local mail via TCP:

   satan# telnet localhost 25
   Trying 127.0.0.1...
   Connected to localhost.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   exim: permission denied
   Connection closed by foreign host.

in fact, i can't telnet to this SMTP port from any machine on my LAN.

there are so many config files, i'm not sure where to start.  can
anybody guess why this is happening?

thanks,
pete