[vox-tech] Upgrading Perl in Debian

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:40:30 -0800

Quoting Mike Simons (msimons@moria.simons-clan.com):

> Testing does have security... and should be used.

Concur:  It should be noted, however, that the Security Team doesn't
promise anything at all about adequacy of this coverage.  See:
"Testing Security" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Debian/

> Using the name "sarge" should be safer for when the release happens.

Pick your poison, of course, but some of my machines have happily
followed the testing development track through both the potato -> woody
and woody -> sarge transitions.  I'll be letting them do likewise for
sarge+1.

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!