[vox-tech] Tripwire or equivalent

Lewis Perdue lperdue at ideaworx.com
Tue Jun 29 19:10:49 PDT 2004

Back when our server was originally cracked, someone suggested that we look
at tripwire to monitor things once we had a clean install ... well, we've
got a clean install, but our investigation of Tripwire shows a GIANT
corporate Dilbert empire with layer upon layer of obfuscation and a set of
sticky hurdles to clear before even getting an evaluation unit ... they
boast of being able to monitor 2,500 servers, but Geez, folks how about
something for one or two servers?

Isn't there an open-source alternative for this bloatware poster child?
Even something that does a simple checksum kinda thing on key system and
.conf files would be welcome.

"Send lawyers, guns and money."
                                         -- Warren Zevon

Lewis Perdue, 462 W. Napa St., Suite 201, Sonoma, CA 95476,
Phone: 707-939-6655, fax: 707-940-4146
Email: lperdue at ideaworx.com
Author Web Site: http://www.lewisperdue.com
Professional Web Site: http://www.ideaworx.com