[vox-tech] Components of a FreeBSD Minimum Install [OT]

Daniel Hurt dwhurt at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 25 13:07:48 PDT 2004

Greetings,

There was no response on the VOX list, I thought I might take Bill's
suggestion and post to vox-tech.

I have been poking around trying to figure out how to tell what a
minimum Free BSD install would install.  That might sound a bit weird,
but I would like to know what packages and versions are installed when I
select a minimum install of FreeBSD. I have been Googling around, but
nothing has helped yet.  I was wondering if someone here might know a
source of information that I could read up on.

The closest thing I can come up with is:

# pkg_info

But, for a minimum install it tells me that I have no packages
installed.  It does not really display the relevant information, I am
not sure if I am using it right :-/  Some packages are installed because
  it has the csh shell and the ssh daemon install on it.

Thanks,

Dan Hurt