[vox-tech] Easiest way to calculate date in 100 ns increments?

Nicole TWN ana.ng at tmbg.org
Wed Jun 23 15:56:20 PDT 2004

Mark K. Kim wrote:

> BTW, `cal 9 1752` may amuse some people:
>
>    $ cal 9 1752
>       September 1752
>    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
>           1  2 14 15 16
>    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
>    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
>

>    $ _
>
> Somehow changing the locale doesn't change `cal`'s behavior.  It should,
> though.  A bug, perhaps?

Did I get whooshed or something?  Sept. 1752 was the changeover from the
  Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar.  (The Julian one was less
accurate and had drifted 10 days from the solar year.)

One might wonder if this unnaturally short month wasn't a PITA.  It was
a GIGANTIC one.  Landlords and tenants argued about how much rent was
due.  Employers and employees argued about how much wages should be.
Everyone got confused.  Thank god it was 350 years ago and not likely to
happen again.

--nicole twn