[vox-tech] Easiest way to calculate date in 100 ns increments?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jun 23 14:08:09 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:54:26PM -0700, emily wrote:

> I need to be able to convert dates from a human readable format
> (something like YYYYMMDD) to a number in hundred nanosecond intervals
> starting from Jan 1 1601 as 0.

In C there's the ctime function and friends.  Kind of a pain to use.
I'm betting PHP or Perl has something handy just for this.
(I know "time()" in PHP gives the current time in seconds since Unix epoch,
which was 1970, perhaps it's flexible about epoch and/or using an arbitrary
date/time)

What environment, specifically, are you in?  Writing Python?  Perl?
Just sitting at a shell?