[vox-tech] Help please with alsa sound and Gentoooolalaolalaoooooolala

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sun Jun 13 07:47:58 PDT 2004

Some random suggestions:

* Try turning off "Load volumes on login" in KDE's Control
  Center mixer settings, and using alsamixer only.  KDE's
  mixer does not always understand what to do.

* ALSA does not support all sound hardware.  AC97 or not,
  the specific audio chipset matters a great deal.  See
  http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ which may have more
  info about yours.

* Sometimes the only sane solution is to disable on-board
  sound and plug in a cheap PCI sound card.

HTH,

-- Rod