[vox-tech] postfix question: content inspection for junk elimination

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Thu Jun 10 11:53:21 PDT 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 11:24 am, Henry House wrote:
> 2. Zip attachments
>
> 	I am also rejecting all zip files. This has so far been fine, since all
> 	zip files received for the last few months have been viruses...

ClamAV with Amavisd-new is a good combination for zapping
viruses, whether they come as zip files or not.  It's not
necessary to be as drastic as disallowing all zip files.

Also, starting with release 2.1, Postfix has a little-known
feature that will allow content filters to reject mail
BEFORE the offending SMTP connection is closed.  I went out
of my way to install 2.1.1 along with my recent server
upgrade, intending to try this out soon.  See:

  http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html

-- Rod