[vox-tech] Burning ISO Images

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri Jun 4 07:49:10 PDT 2004

ISO images don't need anything special done to be bootable.  If you made
the ISO image yourself, you had to have some special things, though.

See if the CD has a boot.catalog file when you mount it.  It exists on
most bootable Linux CDs so whichever CD with that file should be the
bootable one (just a guess.)

Also, make sure your computer is set to boot from the CD before the hard
drive... but you knew that already...  Still, I'd test a different
bootable CD just for the heck of it.  Sometimes the weirdest things happen
in unexpected places.  Like that one time when [insert an interesting
story here]!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim