[vox-tech] Red Hat and Fedora Unmount problem

Lewis Perdue lperdue at ideaworx.com
Thu Jul 22 06:51:12 PDT 2004

I don't know if this will help LUGOD users, but William and I found an easy
solution to an unmount issue that has long plagued both Red Hat and Fedora:
namely that the floppy and cdrom sometimes will not unmount and offers a
"device busy" error message.

The problem _may_ be due to fam monitoring the drive's contents, but
regardless of that, if you use the -l switch, things work fine:

umount -l /mnt/yourdrivehere

This is an annoying time waster so I thot somebody could benefit from the
time we already burned up.

Lewis Perdue
lperdue at ideaworx.com
http://www.ideaworx.com