[vox-tech] Re: Help: My 'e' and 'c' keys no longer work!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jul 17 17:29:21 PDT 2004

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p at dirac.org):

> BTW, I update my machine (Debian/testing) a couple of times a day, so I
> can pretty much pinpoint this problem starting this morning.

Kudos to René!

A few years ago, my laptop that tracks the Debian unstable branch
suddenly changed to an "azerty" (Belgian) keyboard map, following an
upgrade session.  I can't remember details, but I believe that a new
version of the console-common package had come out that defaulted to the
first keyboard map in the list, rather than sticking to the current
value as the default -- and azerty happened to be first in that list.
I had it seems, inattentively pressed Enter repeatedly during package
configuration, and so fell afoul of that packaging glitch.

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein
rick at linuxmafia.com