[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 2, Issue 14

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 16 12:12:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Nick Schmalenberger (nschmalenberger at fastmail.fm):

> If dhclient-2.0.x corresponds to 2.0 kernels then does dhclient-2.2.x
> correspond to 2.2 kernels? Has dhclient not been updated since 2.2 and
> is the [12345](now with a 6 too) just a hack in the wrapper? It says
> 2002/02/11 in the wrapper also. Could that be my problem?

The workstation in front of me is Debian-sid (unstable branch, not
stable branch), running a 2.4 kernel.  /sbin/dhclient is binary (ISC
dhcp client daemon version 2.0pl5-16.1), and the running DHCP client
daemon process has command options as follows:

  dhclient -e -pf /var/run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf /var/run/dhclient.eth0.leases

I hope that information is useful to you.

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com