[vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 13 18:51:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:20:49PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:15:28PM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> > Really though, you're wasting your time trying to discover and write
> > these rules yourself. Take the time to set up spamassassin or bogofilter,
> > and take advantage of the work other people have already done.
>
> My ISP (Sonic.net) has SpamAssassin, and it works quite well, but these
> ones seem to be getting through.  Others (not just SA users on Sonic)
> have noticed these ones, in particular, as well, lately.
>
> So I guess I should just email Sonic and ask them to filter them via SA,
> if possible.

Try training the bayenessian filter (and make sure you're doing
network tests). Spamassassin caught a whole bunch of these for me.
Here's the report form one of them.

 pts rule name              description
 1.9 SUBJ_DOLLARS           Subject starts with dollar amount
 0.4 BAD_CREDIT             BODY: Eliminate Bad Credit
 5.4 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                            [score: 1.0000]
 0.7 RCVD_IN_DSBL           RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
                            [<http://dsbl.org/listing?ip=64.60.130.213>]
 1.5 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
               [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?64.60.130.213>]