[vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

Ken Herron Kherron+lugod at fmailbox.com
Tue Jul 13 18:15:28 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, July 13, 2004 17:18:38 -0700 Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>
wrote:

>   :0
>   * ^Subject:.*\$[0-9]{5}
>   /dev/null

that will match any message with a dollar sign followed by five (or more)
digits in the subject. It should match the messages you're talking about;
depending on your non-spam mail it might match legitimate stuff as well.

Really though, you're wasting your time trying to discover and write
these rules yourself. Take the time to set up spamassassin or bogofilter,
and take advantage of the work other people have already done. I
currently filter my email through DCC and bogofilter, and I get virtually
perfect filtering without having to write any supplemental rules. (And
yes, I save the spam and regularly check it for false positives. I
virtually never find any.)
--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron     Kenneth.Herron at mci.com     v658-5894     916-569-5894