[vox-tech] Gentoo installation by NFS?

Daniel Hurt dwhurt at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:37:09 PDT 2004

Alot of people make reference to tom's boot disc.  I could not get it
functioning with my laptop however (My laptop does not have a
functioning CD drive).  I ended up using a redhat 8.0 boot disc and then
the Redhat CD shared via NFS (maybe another protocol - it has been a
year+) to boot into the redhat rescue environment.  This enabled me to
setup my computer because all the tools were provided in this environment.

Dan Hurt