[vox-tech] what Windowmaker has that Gnome does not

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 9 10:11:10 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:41:44AM -0700, Issac Trotts wrote:
> In Windowmaker, it's possible to define a keyboard shortcut that
> maximizes the current window vertically.  When that key combination is
> pressed a second time, the window is unmaximized.  In Gnome, the second
> time does nothing.  If someone here has an idea about this, I'd like to
> know about it.  Thanks!

Seeing as Gnome's not a window manager, I guess I need to ask
which window manager you're using. ;^)  (Probably the general question is:
what does Gnome default to / prefer these days?  Metacity?)

When I used Gnome last, I used it with Sawfish/Sawmill.  It seemed to handle
keyboard shortcuts for max/unmax pretty well.  I think the command I was
binding had the word "Toggle" in it, though. :^)  Maybe there's something
similar in Metacity (or whatever you're using) that you can look for...?