[vox-tech] building a dual opteron system

p at dirac.org p at dirac.org
Sat Jul 3 18:04:15 PDT 2004

hola,

i've been planning out a dual opteron system for awhile now.  the system
i have in mind has dual RAM channels - one for each CPU, meaning, my
baseline motherboard price is about $400.  in particular, i'm planning
around the tyan thunder k8w.

is anyone else planning on building a dual opteron system?

if so, please contact me off list so we can compare notes.  i have my
system pretty much mapped out in a text file, (including the price as a
function of past month, which sadly isn't decreasing as fast as i
thought it would).  but i'd like to get some input from other people who
have been thinking about these systems too.

thanks,
pete