DeCSS Haiku (Was Re: [vox-tech] Toil! But success)

Rob Rogers vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:51:17 +0000

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 13:27:00PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Cheers,             We write precisely            We say exactly
> Rick Moen           Since such is our habit in    How to do a thing or how
> rick@linuxmafia.com Talking to machines;          Every detail works.
> Excerpt from Prof. Touretzky's decss-haiku.txt @ http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick's already seen this, but this came to my
attention yesterday, and I'd been meaning to post on it anyways, his sig
just reminded me.

Seth Schoen (currently Staff Technologist for EFF) recently posted "The
History of the DeCSS Haiku" to his website at
http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/haiku.html ) where, amongst a lot of
other interesting information about the Haiku, he finally identifies
himself as being the original author.