[vox-tech] Fsck-ing a Hard Disk Problem

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:46:48 -0800 (PST)

If there's any important data, I'd save 'em right away onto another hard
drive.  But if it's just an entertainment* system with no important data,
you could probably stretch the life of the harddrive a little more.

BTW, if one part of the hard drive fails, the other parts may, too, so
consider the importance of data on the other partitions as well.

-Mark

* - assuming entertainment is not that important... =)