[vox-tech] Java Debugging

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:37:37 -0800

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On 2004.01.19 11:10, Ken Herron wrote:
> --On Monday, January 19, 2004 10:24:12 AM -0800 Ken Bloom =20
> <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>=20
>> What program does one use to debug a Java program that takes data =20
>> from
>> the standard input? I tried the jdb (included with j2sdk1.4), and it
>> doesn't seem to support taking data from the standard input.
>=20
> I don't have any experience with java debuggers, but the man page for =20
> jdb describes how to launch your program in one jvm, then attach a =20
> jdb process to it. It would seem that this is the way to go.

I had thought of that, and rejected it because if I piped data to the =20
program then it would have terminated before I could even attach the =20
debugger. Your suggestion made me reconsider that I can just paste the =20
data for standard input after I've attached the debugger. Thanks, this =20
works!

--=20

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--