[vox-tech] Force-setting IRQ of a PCI device

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:50:53 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Michael Wenk wrote:

> Well I assume the card is PnP, so maybe some plug and play program ?

I think most PnP programs are for ISA devices.  This is a PCMCIA Cardbus
"controller" that needs to work before we can get the wireless LAN cardbus
card to work.

> Or you could get the device id from /proc/bus/pci/devices

We do know the device ID from lspci.  I just need to figure out how to
assign an IRQ to the device.  `lspci -vv` shows the device ID is IRQ 0,
which is the IRQ assigned to devices whose IRQ cannot be determined.
Just gotta tell the kernel which IRQ to assign.

> Maybe get an updated BIOS for the motherboard in question?

Tried it and failed as mentioned, primarily because the mobo is... well,
it's a laptop.  If we knew the laptop model #, at least, that'd help.  I
wish the manufacturers put the full model numbers on their products.
What good is knowing that the laptop is "Compaq Presario 1200" if "Compaq
Presario 1200aa" through "Compaq Presario 1200zz" are all completely
different beasts?  Grr...  It's nowhere -- not even on the fine prints of
the label.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim