[vox-tech] linux machine for grandma

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:57:56 -0800 (PST)

well, 'lacking' is really the wrong word.  with all the thread support and
some of the other neater features, it didn't originally seem to fit my
e-mail-for-dummies requirements.  i've been going back and forth between
them today.  the interfaces are very similar (and kmail has more options
as far as how you lay the interface out, but i think i'll stick with
'classic' either way).  kmail fires up quite a bit quicker...

i don't suppose she'll ever find the higher end features since she won't
go looking for them.  i just felt my ability to 'support' mozilla mail (being
that's what i use) would be easier.

i'll run my wife through a which one of these seems easier to use test.
any other mail client suggestions?  what about primary browser?  it's
basically the same: mozilla vs. konquerer.