[vox-tech] Wierd character in the Installfest RSVP

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:05:26 -0800

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

I've noticed a really wierd character in the Installfest RSVPs, for
Pentium 4 RSVPs (I'm using mutt on my virtual consoles, and it looks
like the character you would use to indicate the presence of a space
if you needed to exactly show every space)

The character appears right in the middle of the phrase "Pentium=C2=A04"
                                                Right here -----^
althought I can't retype it in this message.

I ran `od -t dCa' to see what it was and got very strange results
0000700   80   85   58   32   80  101  110  116  105  117  109  -96   52   =
32   47   32
          P   U   :  sp   P   e   n   t   i   u   m  sp   4  sp   /  sp

Any idea what this character is and why od reports its character code
as -96?

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50--