[vox-tech] configuring sendmail with dynamic ip dsl

Karsten M. Self vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:28:31 -0800

--AsxXAMtlQ5JHofzM

on Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 01:42:55PM -0800, Kevin Hooke (kevin_hooke@yahoo.co=
m) wrote:
> Hi - I have been trying to configure sendmail so I can run it on my
> local server at home, which is connected to the net via a DSL
> connection with a dynamic IP address.

Unless you've got some compelling reason to use Sendmail, I'd _strongly_
recommend you look at an alternative, exim or postfix by preference.

Sendmail is highly complex, easy to get wrong, difficult to understand,
and while not as prone to security problems now as in the past, far more
(and far more work) than the home or SMB site needs.

Peace.

--=20
  Kid, this ain't your night; we're going for the price on Wilson.
  - M. Brando

--AsxXAMtlQ5JHofzM

--AsxXAMtlQ5JHofzM--