[vox-tech] Belkin wireless pcmcia F5D6020 ver. 1

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:14:23 -0800

I've been trying to get a Belkin pcmcia wireless card working,
specifically F5D6020 _ver. 1_, in my wife's Sony laptop.  Note: I know
that the card's chipset is supposed to be Prism 2.  The F5D6020 _ver. 2_
has an Atmel chipset (which I have running in my laptop).  We purchased
these at the same time and didn't notice the different "versions" until
we got them home...

Anyway, when I plug the card in there is no beep.  cardctl ident shows
"Realtek", "Rtl8180", which is clearly not correct.  In fact, that is
the internal modem hardware!  Curiously, lspci gives "Ethernet
controller: Belkin: Unknown device 6020 (rev 20)".  I didn't think
pcmcia hardware should show up with lspci at all.  Finally, cardctl
config shows 3.3V  After some (extensive) googling, it seems that this
card should run with 5.0V.

Is there anyway to force 5.0V for this card?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Jonathan