[vox-tech] FSTAB Questions

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:09:51 -0800

Quoting Robert G. Scofield (rscofield@afes.com):

> On this computer it's IDE 1 (I believe.)  And it was an IBM deskstar
> that burned out.  I checked the Vox-tech archives and learned that
> people were having problems with the IBM deskstar.

The IBM models that for a brief while had a problematic production-quality
record seem to have been certain ones of the Deskstar 60GXP and 75GXP
series, not the Deskstar model _line_ as a whole.

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein