[vox-tech] FSTAB Questions

Mark Street vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:07:57 -0800

Look at your options for the windows partition

umask=000 is equal to rwxrwxrwx on the doze partition....

I would probably do a defaults with your umask entry tacked on.
man mount, and search for defaults.

/dev/hda1            /mnt/windows         vfat       defaults,umask=0
0 0

The 'auto' option allows the system to mount all defined partitions
in /etc/fstab on boot.  It is probably called with a 'mount -a' from the init
scripts.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer