[vox-tech] Getting gettext to work on a webserver

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:03:26 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

This is a guess, but I've had luck with this type of (what I want isn't
compiled into the php on server x) problem before.

Verify if gettext behaves appropriately from the command line.
If so, call gettext from a php system or exec call.

If that works, it might be slower than _native_ php call, but I doubt by
much.

Also figure out with phpinfo() who is running the Webserver for your
domain or account or whatever.  If it's nobody, or apache, or other
generic user, that may be the source of the potential permissions problem
you described.

Dave M.