[vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue

Ken Herron vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:26:14 -0800

--On Monday, February 02, 2004 10:11:45 PM -0800 "Richard S. Crawford"
<rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

> My wife just picked up for us a Belkin UPS device: a "Regulator Pro Gold
> Series", which looks pretty spiffy.  I hooked it up and attached my RH8
> server to it, and now I'm trying to get the ups daemon installed.
>
> Unfortunately, whenever I try to start up the daemon, I get this error:
>
> "Error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> ...which doesn't surprise me, since the software was tested against no
> later version of RH than 6.2.

If you go to rpmfind.net and search on "libncurses.so.4", it lists an RPM
called 	ncurses4-5.0-9.i386.rpm for RH 8.0. This is supposed to be a
compatibility version of the ncurses package. You should have a copy of
it on your RH8 installation CDs.

--
Ken Herron