[vox-tech] devfs and mkisofs, don't have permission to create multisession cd's

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:21:21 -0800

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

I don't know what was actually wrong with the permissions after all (I was =
in the cdrom group, and mkisofs had a devfs file entry to make it work, but=
 it didn't regardless.)

I finally made it work by changing the command I used to invoke mkisofs fro=
m the option -M0,0,0 to the option -M /dev/cdrom (which is a symlink to /de=
v/cdroms/cdrom0) and that made it work