[vox-tech] Accessing cdrom from Tom's Root Boot

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Thu Dec 30 14:29:21 PST 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 14:06, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Weird.  I'm going to contact the sysadmin who maintained this computer at
> the library and see if he had disabled the CD-ROM drive for some reason.

The CD-ROM drive *had* been disabled.  There was a place in the BIOS to enable
it, but it was hidden.  I found it, enabled the hard drive, and was able to
mount /dev/hdc to /cdrom.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

--
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com