[vox-tech] New Account Can't Access Windows Partition

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Sun Dec 19 23:17:42 PST 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 23:00, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I think because it's a mount point, you can't really affect its
> permissions. Can you remind us what the exact fstab entry was that you
> used?

Yes, thank you Bill.  Here's the Ken Bloom creation:

/dev/hda1            /mnt/windows         vfat
defaults,uid=1000,fmask=177,dmask=077

Remember, I don't know what any of this means after the "vfat" entry.

BTW, I recently read on the Mozilla web site that Mandrake automatically
configures a dual boot system to mount the Windows partition read-write.
That's nice for the newbies, and the bewbies like me who never learn.  But
this is a SuSE system.

Bob